A Working Partnership
We believe that a genuine partnership between parents and carers and the school is central to pupils achieving their best.
We encourage dialogue through informal discussion between teachers and parents, homework and Reading Record Books. There are lots of opportunities for communication and also a range of events on the school calendar where families and staff get together socially e.g. PTA, Sports Days, Christmas and Summer Fairs.
We welcome and value parents’ help in school, whether they have a specific talent or skill or can assist with more general activities. Parent involvement can include listening to children read, helping with cooking, gardening and DT, library and computer skills, or accompanying educational visits.
All parents and carers of children at Fairlawn Primary School, members of staff and governors, automatically become members of the Parent and Teachers Association (PTA). For more details visit our PTA page.
We communicate with parents in a variety of different ways:
- Email – for general administrative information including educational visits, curriculum workshops, special events and weekly newsletters
- School website – for insight into school life and practical information such as our annual calendar and term dates
- Meet the Teacher and Parent Information events
- Parent consultations – biannually in the Autumn and Spring terms
- Annual School Report – sent out in the Summer term
Teachers are happy to receive brief messages in the playground at the beginning of the day. Parents can also email the school or leave a message about their child with the school office. If parents would like a longer discussion with the class teacher, they can do so at the end of the day, ideally with a pre-organised appointment.