Our School App Stay connected on the go...
PE and Sports Premium Spending
Sports Premium funding has been guaranteed, by the current Government, until 2020.
- There are clear guidelines on the DfE website as to the expectations of what this money is used for:
- To increase the breadth and quality of the curriculum PE in all classes.
- To increase the skills and confidence of our teachers in the delivery of quality Physical Education.
- To increase the PE skills of all pupils to enable secondary readiness, including children with SEN in PE.
- To increase the opportunities of pupils during lunch and play and after school.
- To build access for students to sports clubs and competitions through developing our intra and inter school sport offer.
- To build links with sports clubs in the local area and region.
- To invest across the period of the grant to enable sustainable practice for the future.
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
Fairlawn Primary School has received this funding and sets out to allocate in the following ways:
Continued Professional Development of Class Teachers
- We have a qualified PE teacher who will be delivering a high quality PPA programme but also ensuring that staff are supported in their delivery.
- The PE teacher is developing our PE curriculum drawing from aspects of the Create Development called ‘Real PE’.
- Staff attend specific training course as agreed by the Principal and PE Lead, e.g. Tennis coaching.
More pupils participating in sport outside of the curriculum
- After school clubs are being developed with dance, tennis and multi-sports already established. It is intended that every year group has had the opportunity to join a club.
- Parents have been invited to watch and enjoy the pupils progress and achievements.
- We have entered athletics and multi skills festivals.
- We will be holding competitions during sports week and have sports day in July.
To build links with sports clubs in the local area and region
Our PE lead provides information for parents regarding competitions and local sports cubs to extend pupils opportunities.
In addition to PE we encourage our children to develop healthy and sustainable habits in travelling to school. We promote and monitor this through the Living Streets programme.
As a new developing school we are investing in equipment for PE for lessons but also for equipment to be used at playtime.
|PE and Sports Premium||Date|
|Fairlawn Primary School Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium July 2022||21st Jul 2022||Download|