Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Fairlawn Primary School is committed to the vital contribution all Governors, teaching and non-teaching staff make to safeguarding and the protection and welfare of children and young people. We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
OUR CULTURE OF VIGILANCE
At Fairlawn Primary School we:
- Believe safeguarding and protecting children is everyone’s responsibility
- Identify signs of concerns immediately
- Train all our staff to the highest level
- Keep all staff updated with new guidance and policies
- Monitor attendance thoroughly
- Have rigorous monitoring of vulnerable children
- Communicate regularly with external agencies
- Listen to our children
- Care for each other
- Have an open culture
- Support children and their families
- Teach our children to keep safe at all times
SAFEGUARDING IS …
- How well pupils are taught to keep themselves safe
- How well the school protects pupils from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- The effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- How well the school meets the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- How appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- How effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of pupils.
FAIRLAWN'S SAFEGUARDING TEAM
Academy Designated Safeguarding Lead / Regsistered Teacher for CiC & PLAC – Siobhan Lennox-Brown (Head of School): email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Lara Mairs (SENCO): firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Julie Molesworth (Principal): Julie.email@example.com
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead - Bernard Langton (Assistant Principal): Bernard.firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Governor / Governor for CiC & PLAC: Richard Wynn-Jones: email@example.com
If a child is at immediate risk call 999.
To report a safeguarding concern call First Reponses - Tel: 0117 9036444 (you can do this anonymously).
Bristol Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) - www.bristolsafeguarding.org
Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) - www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
Childline - Tel: 0800 1111 www.childline.org
Equality Now (in Nairobi, Kenya and London, UK) - Tel (London): +44(0) 20-7304 6902 Tel (Nairobi): + 254 20-271-9832 - www.equalitynow.org
NSPCC FGM Helpline - Tel: 0800 028 3550 - www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/female-genital-mutilation-fgm - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Educate Against Hate - Prevent Radicalisation and Extremism www.educateagainsthate.com
Click on the below links to read or download the documents:
FLS Preventing Radicalisation and Extremism Policy 01/09/2017 Online Safety - Ofsted Useful Information 05/02/2018 FLS Online Safety Policy 19/02/2020 FLS Prevent Action Plan 2020 05/03/2020 Addendum 1b January 2021 22/01/2021 VT Children in Care Policy 2022 12/09/2022 VT Supporting students with medical conditions inc medical treatment 2022 12/09/2022 FLS Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy Sept 2022 12/09/2022