Our School App Stay connected on the go...
Fairlawn Primary School is committed to the vital contribution all Governors, teaching and non-teaching staff make to safeguarding and the protection and welfare of children and young people. We aim to ensure that all child protection and welfare concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in ways that support the specific needs of the individual child. Through providing a caring, safe and stimulating environment which promotes the social, physical and moral development of all our students, we aim to foster an atmosphere of trust, respect and security.
OUR CULTURE OF VIGILANCE
At Fairlawn Primary School we:
- Believe safeguarding and protecting children is everyone’s responsibility
- Identify signs of concerns immediately
- Train all our staff to the highest level
- Keep all staff updated with new guidance and policies
- Monitor attendance thoroughly
- Have rigorous monitoring of vulnerable children
- Communicate regularly with external agencies
- Listen to our children
- Care for each other
- Have an open culture
- Support children and their families
- Teach our children to keep safe at all times
SAFEGUARDING IS …
- How well pupils are taught to keep themselves safe
- How well the school protects pupils from bullying, racist abuse, harassment or discrimination, and promotes good behaviour
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures
- The effectiveness of arrangements to provide a safe environment and secure school site
- How well the school meets the needs of pupils with medical conditions
- How appropriately child welfare and child protection concerns are identified and responded to by the school
- How effectively the school works with key agencies to safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- The extent to which the school ensures that adults working with children are appropriately recruited and vetted, and receive appropriate training, guidance, support and supervision to undertake the effective safeguarding of pupils.
FAIRLAWN'S SAFEGUARDING TEAM
Academy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Julie Molesworth (Principal) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead – Emma Grahame (EYFS Lead)
Safeguarding Governors - Richard Wynn Jones and Ed Yaxley
If a child is at immediate risk call 999.
To report a safeguarding concern call First Reponses - Tel: 0117 9036444 (you can do this anonymously).
Bristol Safeguarding Children Board (BSCB) - www.bristolsafeguarding.org
Child Exploitation and Online Protection (CEOP) - www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre
Childline - Tel: 0800 1111 www.childline.org
Equality Now (in Nairobi, Kenya and London, UK) - Tel (London): +44(0) 20-7304 6902 Tel (Nairobi): + 254 20-271-9832 - www.equalitynow.org
NSPCC FGM Helpline - Tel: 0800 028 3550 - www.nspcc.org.uk/preventing-abuse/child-abuse-and-neglect/female-genital-mutilation-fgm - Email: email@example.com