Our School App Stay connected on the go...
PASTORAL MENTOR - SEMH
Fixed term until 31/8/23, part-time 16.25 hours per week (hours of work to be discussed at interview) term time only to start as soon as possible.
VTG8, SP22-25 starting salary £23,597 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £8,864 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package.
There is also an opportunity for an additional 16.25 hours per week as a Teaching Assistant for the right candidate. The salary for this will be VTG6 SP15-18 starting salary £19,498 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £7,324 per annum) + Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package.
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 750 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
A unique and exciting role has come up at Fairlawn Primary School. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic practitioner who is genuinely inspired to work as part of a strong supportive team. We are looking for staff who are energised by thinking outside of the box and make learning fun and fabulous with the ability to help children thrive in a school environment.
The role will include the following:
- Planning and delivering pastoral and academic activities for children who need additional provision with social, emotional and behavioural support using a supportive program.
- Liaising with classroom teachers, outside agencies and parents/carers so that a holistic approach is used for each child.
- Supporting individual staff members with action planning for children they work with and quality assuring those strategies.
- Involvement with the monitoring of safeguarding, attendance and behaviour including analysing attendance data and supporting with referrals.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
The successful candidate will have:
- GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
- NVQ3 in teaching and learning/equivalent qualification or experience
- Recent and relevant professional development for example; Counselling or Thrive Approach
- Experience of working with children in need of social, emotional and behavioural support with proven impact
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Tuesday 6th December 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: To be confirmed
Fairlawn Primary School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.