Our School App Stay connected on the go...
PASTORAL MENTOR – SEMH/TEACHING ASSISTANT
Fixed term until 31/8/23, term time only to start as soon as possible. Please note we are ideally looking for one person to fill this unique roll but will also consider a job share.
Pastoral Mentor part of role – 16.25 hours per week. Salary-VTG8, SP22-25 starting salary £22,473 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £8,442 per annum).
Teaching Assistant part of role -15 hours per week. Salary - VTG6, SP15-18 starting salary £18,569 per annum, pro rata (actual starting salary £6,438 per annum).
Plus, Health Care Cash Plan and Benefits Package (please visit our website for full details of the benefits package).
Venturers Trust is a dynamic and focused multi-academy trust based in Bristol, formed in September 2017 through the merger of CGS Trust and Merchants’ Academy Trust. The Trust is responsible for eight academies, 3,500 pupils and 750 staff with a commitment to making a significant and lifelong difference to the lives of young people from some of Bristol’s most disadvantaged communities.
The Trust is sponsored by the Society of Merchant Venturers and the University of Bristol. Both sponsors seek to ensure that all our young people receive a truly inspiring education. Their support, challenge and expertise are greatly valued.
A unique and exciting role has come up at Fairlawn Primary School. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic practitioner who is genuinely inspired to work as part of a strong supportive team. We are looking for staff who are energised by thinking outside of the box and make learning fun and fabulous with the ability to help children thrive in a school environment.
The role will include the following:
• Planning and delivering pastoral and academic activities for children who need additional provision with social, emotional and behavioural support using a supportive program.
• Liaising with classroom teachers, outside agencies and parents/carers so that a holistic approach is used for each child.
• Supporting individual staff members with action planning for children they work with and quality assuring those strategies.
• Involvement with the monitoring of safeguarding, attendance and behaviour including analysing attendance data and supporting with referrals.
In return you will join a wonderful team and have every opportunity to further your professional development and career with an excellent benefit package including; Wellbeing Health Cash Plan, Retail Discounts, ICT Loans, Professional Introduction Incentive plus others.
The successful candidate will have:
• GCSEs at Grade C or above in English and maths (or equivalent qualifications).
• NVQ3 in teaching and learning/equivalent qualification or experience
• Recent and relevant professional development for example; Counselling or Thrive Approach
• Experience of working with children in need of social, emotional and behavioural support with proven impact
• Passionate about how children learn best with a genuine belief that all children can succeed.
• Able to demonstrate their resilience to cope with the daily challenges that working in a busy, successful inner city school can bring.
• Flexible, with a good sense of humour.
• An innovative practitioner who values and can support positive play and work as a team to resolve conflict.
• A confident professional, keen to share their knowledge and understanding with others.
Please see attached job descriptions and person specifications for further details of the individual responsibilities.
We particularly welcome applications from under-represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
Closing date: Wednesday 31st August 2022 at 9:00. Interviews: Week commencing 5th September 2022
Fairlawn Primary School is part of Venturers Trust and is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all staff.
|Pastoral Mentor JD and PS||07th Jul 2022||Download|
|Teaching Assistant JD & PS||23rd Jun 2022||Download|